Jeff van Rooyen
Current appointments include:
- Chief Executive of Uranus Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Non-executive board member of MTN Group Ltd;member of Audit Committee, member of Risk and Compliance Committee, member of Social and Ethics Committee and member of Remuneration Committee.
- Non-executive board member of Pick n Pay Stores Ltd;chairman of Audit and Risk Committee, chairman of Corporate Finance Committee and member of Remuneration Committee.
- Non-executive board member of Exxaro Resources Ltd; chairman of Audit Committee and member of Remuneration Committee.
- Trustee of ABASA Members Investment Bewind Trust
Qualifications and professional affiliations:
- B.Com (Unisa); B.Compt ( Hons) (Unisa); CA(SA).
- Member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- One of the first four black partners appointed by Deloitte. Partner in Deloitte from September 1990 to June 2000.
- Founded his own auditing practice in 1984 which merged with Deloitte in 1990
- Former Chairman of Public Accountants’ and Auditors’ Board
Former appointments include:
- Founder & President of the Association for the Advancement of Black Accountants (ABASA).
- Partner in Deloitte.
- Chairman of Public Accountants and Auditors Board (now IRBA).
- Chief Executive of FSB.
- Trustee of IFRS Foundation.
- Chairman of Financial Reporting Standards Council.
- Extensive experience in auditing in Arthur Anderson, KPMG and Deloitte, spanning more than 20 years.
- Working with the Auditor-General, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Public Enterprises, the Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Council
- Direct oversight of inspectorate department at Financial Services Board. The inspectorate department had responsibility for investigations of suspected fraud and non-compliance with financial regulation across sectors excluding banking.
- Headed Task Team appointed by Gauteng Provincial Government to stabilise financial situation of Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Council.
- Special advisor to Task Team which investigated irregularities in the SEBO Provident Fund in the North West Province
- Appointed by Auditor General and Minister of Finance to facilitate the integration of the office of the Auditor General in South Africa and the former TBVC states
- Headed up the Deloitte transformation initiative
- Direct oversight of the FSB transformation initiative